Cant connect to database after migrating to new panel

I’m getting error 500 on a fresh install while the old install gives me the error I previously posted. I have the site running on a different host without any issues. its on new platform old database.

Heres another test I ran, tried your idea of changing the pass, waited 5 min but i get the same error as posted by nfmoro http://beardawg.site40.net/test/e107/index.php

This other issue should also be looked at by someone. if the file is empty the upload manager makes a folder out of it…

What files are empty?

I’ve just installed Joomla without issue.

in the e107 install some files autofilled during the install. for instance the e107_config.php is empty. I uploaded it zipped, extracted and upon creation the upload manager thinks e107_config.php is a folder since its empty so it makes a folder with that name instead of the file. theres also a bunch of index files in other folders with the same issues.had to manually create these files. and at the same time remove the folders cause for some reason you cant have a folder exact same name as a file either.

this is the error I get when running the install segment of e107, the config file information is correct, triple cheched.

I will try this at some point today

Try hostname localhost or hostname 127.0.0.1 if you are using 127.0.0.1 use the localhost etc